Friday, December 02, 2005

Three small things...

Lots of new topics started at www.TalkRadioForums.com - check it out!

I really hate it when I find out that a host that I really admire ends up espousing some type of belief/political stance that I am totally opposed to. It's shocking! It almost made me want to completely write off this host. It almost made me want to shut down this blog. What could I do though? Atleast now I know...
My buddy from www.MarkLevinFan.com already wrote and asked me who this host was and what sparked my ire. It's not important. All Talk Radio Fans will reach this point with a host. Plus, I don't want to discuss politics on TRF!


Michael Riley wrote:
Dear Talk Radio Fan;

I hope you don't mind, but I saw your profile on the radiotalk.org forums, and I thought I'd send you an email.

I am a journalism student at Ryerson doing a feature on talk radio in Canada, and how it compares with talk radio in the U.S
I was just wondering as a fan of talk radio, what your insights might be into this issue. What do you think the similarities/differences are between the talk radio format in Canada and the US?
I've never heard any Candian talk radio before. Sorry.
Also, do you feel that talk radio hosts in general are engaging in "hard journalism," or is it more "peripheral journalism," catering more to being entertaining and commercial to attract advertising dollars?
Most talk radio hosts from my knowledge do not consider themselves to be "journalists." Most hosts consider themselves entertainers.
How long have you been a fan of talk radio, and who are your favourite talk radio hosts?
I've been listening to talk radio since 1992. My favorite hosts are Mark Simone, Mark Levin, Glenn Beck, Rush Limbaugh
If you wouldn't mind having your insights quoted in my feature, as well as giving me your full name and location, I'd really appreciate it. Thanks in advance for helping me out with my feature!
Chris Francz from Shawnee on Delaware, PA USA
Sincerely;

Mike Riley

www.TalkShowAmerica.com has a brand new site up that's in the form of a blog. Much nicer than what they had before. Click on "Listen Live" right now...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home