Saturday, December 31, 2005

What Makes a Good Show/Host?

Can someone really be banned from the WABC Message Board for calling Curtis Sliwa a "moron"? Check out this now locked up thread RE: Curtis Sliwa (of Curtis and Kuby) belittling his 2 year old son on the radio for liking his Spanish-speaking Dora doll.
http://www.wabcradio.com/goout.asp?u=http://www.hannity.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10
"MORON? ..... Try banned for contempt of an affiliate. LEE."

www.TalkRadioForums.com posed the question of what makes a good talk show/host. This is what I posted tonight.
1. I've gotta laugh atleast once. Even a chuckle.
2. There has to be something about the host that I can "latch onto" and identify with.
3. Cool bumper music rocks.
4. The host can't take themself 100% seriously every single minute.
5. Give me some unique insights that make me want to listen to the show again.
6. If a host answers my email they find a place in my heart.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can someone get banned for calling Kuby a Commie? I’m not trying to be a wise guy, I really mean it. Do you think they would get banned for telling the truth?

10:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

**1. I've gotta laugh atleast once. Even a chuckle.
2. There has to be something about the host that I can "latch onto" and identify with.
3. Cool bumper music rocks.
4. The host can't take themself 100% seriously every single minute.
5. Give me some unique insights that make me want to listen to the show again.
6. If a host answers my email they find a place in my heart.**

Those are some good points. Click the link for a beta podcast (somewhat more liberal than your blog).

11:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home