Friday, February 03, 2006

A friend gets through on Rush's show

reprinted from my friend's blog - www.xanga.com/cliffy

Milestone: Cliffy makes Limbaugh!!

On Wednesday, February 2nd, 2006 at 12:45 pm, the following exchange occurred:

RUSH: Cliff in Portland, Oregon, I'm glad you called, sir. Welcome to the EIB Network. CALLER: Mega out-of-control dittos from Portland, Oregon, where literally three-quarters of the city's citizens STILL have Kerry-Edwards bumper stickers on their cars!
RUSH: Well, you gotta feel sorry for them.
CALLER: I do. It's just so funny. But the reason I called is regarding, I think you called it issue #4, that was the surveillance wiretapping part? I was watching the whole thing on Fox and right as -- I'm pretty sure it was on that one, they showed the gum chewer and she was rolling her eyes and had a mocking laughter smile on her face when he was saying all this.
RUSH: Yeah. Well let me explain what Hillary was reacting to there, because the little known fact is that Bush made reference to previous presidents having done exactly what he's done, and Mrs. Clinton heard, without his name being mentioned, his name. And the Democrats are trying to set Bush up as a criminal, that he has broken the law, and so by invoking all these past presidents, not by name, but saying, "Hey, we've all done it before with previous presidents," he brought Bill Clinton into it -- and Hillary doesn't like it when her husband's name gets mentioned. There was another instance. Bush told a joke about... What was the line? He had a joke about Clinton being (interruption). Yeah, (paraphrased), "My brother and I both turned 60 this year," Bill Clinton, and they cut to Hillary, and she was not laughing. She was glaring, because I'm telling you, folks, she is sick and tired of her husband being the butt of all these jokes. Not sick and tired because it's unfair; sick and tired because it's warranted, and it's just embarrassing to her. So Bush got her twice last night, too. Ah, this was great. I mean, you want Hillary looking that way, Cliff! That's the way she really is: chewing gum during the State of the Union address and glaring at the president of the United States. It was a homerun.
NOTE: "(interruption)" is Rush's staff saying something to him that you don't hear on the air. I Don't want anyone thinkin' I would ever interrupt the mighty Maha Rushie!
As anyone who's ever tried to call Limbaugh's show can tell you...it ain't easy gettin' through and gettin' through doesn't necessarily guarantee you on-air time either.

I'll have an mp3 of this available for download this Saturday, so be on the lookout for that.
later...Cliffy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home