Monday, July 26, 2004

Listening to Radio America

Ah, yes - talk radio...the place where everyday people get to voice their opinions to the masses. I am hooked.

Today on 77WABC I caught Steve Malzberg's program. Steve was hot as he interviewed George McGovern. McGovern called Steve a "rightwing reactionary." Maybe he thought that was a cut. The remark came after Steve demanded that he answer a question (which he never did). Typical of libs. Get stuck - call names!

Monica Crowley was on from 12 - 4pm. Monica interviewed McGovern yesterday (he has a new book out). I've been accused of having an "obsession" with Monica but that's not really the case. She's got one of the best radio voices and she makes my Saturdays and Sundays bearable at work. I wish she was on air more than just two days a week.

I started listening to talk radio again a few months ago after being away for some years. Since I am in a vehicle for most of my work day I needed something to stimulate thought and talk radio fit the bill. Many people accuse talk radio hosts of being "biased" but that's not really the case. Most hosts just reflect the common sense of the masses hence the popularity of talk radio.

As Talk Radio Fan  gets off the starting blocks over the next week or so I encourage you to chime in with your feedback about your favorite shows/hosts. Thanks for visiting, come back soon!

P.S. If you sit in front of the computer as much as I do you should check out these stations both of which you can listen to online:
Radio America
77WABC


2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Levin on WABC

One either gets his levity,frivolity and humor,or doesn`t.He is sharp of tounge and can cut callers to pieces.I like him.

Be sure to check out Frank and john,Friday evenings at 9pm est.follow the audio link from theri small site --> http://www.therightperspective.com/

10:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

To poster: I totally get Mark Levin. I didn't want to sound as if I didn't. It's all good. I can get on his wavelength. He's entertaining and knows his stuff. I love him.

10:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home